Sunday, 5 October 2008

Spike, the unwelcome tenant

This child is now seriously being a PITA.

Contractions-check, regular-check (if you call 10 minutes apart for the past 4 days regular), waters broken - uh no.

NOTHING is happening, zilch, zip, nadir, bugger all, jack shit....I think it's about time we start looking into the Guiness book of records for longest pregnancy.

I slept on the couch last night, no I wasn't drunk, no, we hadn't had a fight, it's just that we can't seem to sleep in the same bed at the moment. Tori is irritable & uncomfortable & I wake up every time she begins the super slow motion rollover, or begins the struggle to sit up to head towards the toilet.

That was my gesture towards being a supportive husband, "Darling you have the bed to starfish out in". Benjamin decided he would help daddy through the night by calling out every two hours. It's a bit hard to be grumpy when he says "I found you daddy. I love you. I miss you when I asleep". That's nice son, but go back to sleep...please.

What have I learnt during this pregnancy? Firstly Tori & I are not patient people, we don't do wait, we have different expectations of what would have been the preferred method of delivery, pregnant women do not have bladders that last more than 30 minutes on a good day. The most important things I've learnt however are that firstly the couch needs new springs, secondly NEVER EVER laugh at a woman suffering severe morning sickness when a toddler power chucks all over her, not once, not twice but three times inside a minute & finally we wouldn't change a thing! Except maybe getting this child out.

No comments: