Saturday, 27 September 2008

A VERY proud Dad

So I picked up Ryan from the airport today.

Trying to talk to a 14 year old is like, well, bungy jumping into a gorse bush.

Hows school.....OK.....What have you been doing....Nothing....Who with.....Nobody.... I get the idea.

Anyway, after his little brother smoothered him in cuddles and love the ice began to melt.

My big boy has been selected for the under 18 Wellington Canoe Polo team, so what you may ask. The what is he is 14! He was told, along with a team mate that they were to good for the under 15's.

On top of that, my daughter is off representing the North Island this week at an under 13's football tournament, then she's off to trial for the national team. She is 11.

Benjamin continues to astound me with his social skills, his vocabulary & his gentle nature. Today was swimming, well water confidence, and apart from a bit too much pool water, he was fantastic, confident & sooooo well behaved.

Spike continues to do what he is told to & stay where he is. I can't ask for anymore than that right now.

Can you tell I'm proud of my kids?

1 comment:

Christina Weedon said...

...and you SHOULD be proud!!

You two have an award waiting for you over on my blog..