A few of you die hards that have been with us since the beginning may recall a blog post my darling husband wrote about mobility scooters and his great LOATHING of such things and the people who ride them.
Well ...
Friday last week my dearest husband tripped while doing his house husband job (I say that with my tongue in cheek dearest) of getting the washing in of the clothes line. You see in our house we have this nasty little flight of stairs. They are steep, they are wooden, need I say more? Jacob was the first to feel their wrath, and on Friday it was Rob's turn. For Jacob the result was a bruise on his forehead. For Rob, well, 2 hours at the after hours doctor, an xray confirmed what we all thought, broken ankle. Nice one dearest.
I have to laugh about it all though you see, because about 10 days prior to this happening, dearest husband was talking to me over the phone during my lunch break at work, describing a particularly difficult morning he had had with our 2 darling sons, and told me that I had to come home immediately as he had fallen down the stairs and broken BOTH ankles. Yeah right. He was just over it and wanted me to come home, which didn't happen until about 4 hours later.
Anyway, we all know the story about the little boy who cried wolf, don't we?
So come Friday night when I got home from work to see my husband with an ankle twice the size it should have been, all I could do was laugh! (As did my colleagues at work the following Monday as I had told them about him wanting me home the previous week) Karma, came and bit him on the bum, BIG TIME.
Ok, so what does all this have to do with mobility scooters and my husbands DETEST of them. Well, on Saturday Benjamin had a birthday party to attend, and on Friday evening I was supposed to be going shopping for a gift for his little friend. Daddy's trip down the stairs put a temporary end to that, but when we were released from the doctors at around 7:45pm, and The Warehouse doesn't close until 8:30pm, I told Rob I was going to get a gift and he could hobble around beside me on his crutches, or he could wait in the car.
His response: "Oh, The Warehouse has those ride on scooters, I can just use one of them!" And he was deadly SERIOUS and EXCITED about the prospect.
My response: "Like hell you are riding one of those! I will push you around in their wheel chairs"
So we walk in, well, I walk in, he hobbles along on his crutches and I go to where the wheelchairs "For your convenience" are located. One of the workers there came quickly over and said "Here, use one of these electric ones, they are much easier and heaps more fun" Rob couldn't have got on it quicker if he had 2 good legs! I died, on.the.spot. laughing.
My husband HATES mobility scooters and here he is riding one of the blasted things! Where was my camera when I needed it? At home. Where was my cell phone with in built camera when I needed it? At home. Where was his cell phone with in built camera when I needed it? Firmly in the depths of his pocket. Where it stayed. There was NO WAY he was allowing me to get him on camera.
I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. And on of the funniest things about it all, I could walk faster than that thing could go!
2 comments:
Ha, darn it Tori, You'll have to keep your camera nearby. I'm sure there will be more trips to the store before that cast comes off.
I'm SO thrilled that my misfortune has provided with you with so many hours of amusement...darling.
Post a Comment