In the last few days I have read two of the most powerful blog entries I have read anywhere for a long time.
Both these entries concerned children. Both sets of parents are facing their own demons regarding their childs health.
Tori & I have been following Jana's blog for & while now. But it was this entry that had an immense effect on me at 5:00a.m.
Click Here to view her blog.
I'm staggered at the depth of emotion that was stirred in me, and the feelings that arose when I read about the parents...
The second entry is a lot more personal for us as this woman & her family have become close friends to us in the past 12 months. We were fortunate enough to be among the first to know of Ainsley's birth. That was mainly due to the fact that we were checking out late night contractions via skype.
We are aware of the strain that is placed on Becca, Dave & their family.
Becca's post is found by following this Click Here
I sat here reading these entries with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the health & well being of my children...Teary eyed....again
Our friend Christina is celebrating Thanksgiving today, it was also the day that her beautiful Brody was delivered. Today is also the day that Camden may, or may not make his worldwide debut. We know how important it is for Christina & Ryan to do everything possible to keep Camdens day seperate from Brody's, but we also know how special it will be if today is the day.
Christina's thoughts on the past 12 months can be found here
I'm reflective this morning as it has been 12 months since Christina & Becca came into our lives since the loss of our May angel baby. Since then Tori & Becca have had babies & Christina is due now.
The cycle of life continues & for those of us fortunate enough to get caught up in the enjoyment of life & friendships it is a blast.
Now the reality of my day begins, Benjamin has filled his nappy (diaper) so guess what I'm going to do... That's right go & have a shower & leave his bum to his mum to deal with!
Jana, Becca & Christina, you are in our thoughts & prayers. Thank you for your honesty & courage.
EDIT: If you haven't teared up reading these amazing womens stories I have one more for you...Tanis & her blog
Yet again I'm left with tears streaming down my face, snot pouring from my nose & an unfailing sense that all is right in her world. So, Tanis we'll add you to our list of honest, courageous & amazing women...
2 comments:
Thanks, Rob!! *hug*
Awww... gawsh... I love you guys!
Post a Comment